Wool knits and sweaters can be washed by hand, but dry cleaning is recommended for tailored garments.
For spot cleaning, quick action is the secret.
- Blot the stain with clean white tissue or cloth.
- Do not apply heat in any form: heat just makes stains more difficult to remove.
- Avoid hard rubbing.
- When using a spot cleaner, make sure that it is safe, given the fabric.
(The best way to do this is to apply a small amount of the cleaner on an inconspicuous part of the garment.)
- Work from the edge of the stain inward to prevent spreading.
- Thoroughly rinse the cleaned area.